Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #32 - Paper Piecing




Tracy is our crafty hostess with the mostest this week for the Sassy Cheryl's blog challenge. She would like us to do some paper piecing. I am kinda new to paper piecing but I absolutely love it! I chose two images to work with this week; "Blanket Santa" & "Primitive Tree". This cute little Santa was screaming at me! His jammies and blankie are perfect for paper piecing. I had to give him some old fashioned jammies and a patchwork quilt. This card ended up "slightly" bigger than I had planned so I may just keep it for a Christmas decoration. Might cost a small fortune to mail it. Lol My hubby insisted I put another row of trees along the top, which I have to admit looks better. Love you honey!
Cheryl has the cutest Holiday images in her shop. It's never too early to start on those Christmas cards!

Paper: Bo Bunny-Tis' the Season, Scenic Route-Rockland, My Minds Eye-Tiny Dots(blue), Bazzill Basics-Rain & Rain Forest
Accessories: EK Success-Tree border punch, Ribbon Boutique-Holiday ribbon, MS-crystal coarse glitter, Marvy-White & brown liquid applique & Recollections-Christmas tree brad

12 comments:

Marlene said...

Your card turned out crazy-cute, and you did a fabulous job with your paper piecing! Love this.

heidy said...

Great paper piecing Jeni,Funny card.
Hugs Heidy

Alina said...

Jeni, I love everything about this card, simply gorgeous!
Hugs, Alina

Christina said...

A wonderfull card Jenni! Looks great and you have coloured Santa so beautifully!
Hugs Kristel

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh I love his old fashioned jammies! Kudo's to hubby too. I didn't see the card before you added the row of trees but I love how it turned out.

Tammy said...

Just terrific, I think I would be tempted to keep it too. Your husband has a good eye.

Dawn said...

love the paper choice...so cute!

Lelia Pierce said...

Very nice, gf! I am loving this one! :O)

XXX

Cathy said...

Jeni, this is gorgeous!!! I love everything about it, the colors and the layout are awesome. Hubby was right, but it probably would have looked great without them too, tell hubby he did good! Great Job GF!!

jkreucher said...

Hi Jeni~ this couldn't be more fantastic! such a great card~ full of cuteness! Love it!
Hugs
Judy

Ann English said...

This is wonderful! Love all the papers you've used and Santa 's suit-perfect!

Jodi said...

This is a really pretty card Jeni! I love the papers you used and the layout!
Hugs
Jodi =)