Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The Joy is in the Journey

Happy Birthday Chase!
I made this card for my nephew Chase, he turns 17 today!!
(well...actually tomorrow, it's kinda late here)
He is a big goof ball with a good heart and he is also one heck of a baseball player.
I cant believe how much you've grown. It seems like yesterday when you were two and telling me I looked like Cruella DeVille. (clearly the child needed glasses)
We love you Chase, have a great day!!
Image: Teddy Bo
Paper: BoBunny-Learning Curve Letters, Bazzill Basics-Bitter Chocolate, Not sure about the sail boat paper. It has been in my scrap box for years! I do wish I knew who made it because I would love some more.
Accessories: Spellbinders-Standard Circles, Purple Daisy Designs-cloud stamp, Recollections-Anchor brad, Michael's-BasicBasic brown gingham ribbon

13 comments:

heidy said...

Cruella DeVille,poor you aunty Jeni,love it
Also love your stunning card
Hugs Heidy

Gayle Cook said...

Jennifer...WOW!

Wowee, wowee, wowee, wowee!!!

LOVE IT!

FairyD x

Colette said...

Fantastic card, one of my favourite Teddy Bo images, beautifully coloured and love the rope detail around the circle, glad you could join us at Teddy Bo this week and good luck!
Colette xx

Oak Pond SC said...

AWESOME. My favorite Flip Flop Creation to date. Excellent paper choices and I love your cloud stamp.
Hugs <3
Kim

Gram's Treasures said...

Adorable card, and I'm sure he'll love it too.
Joyce xx

Clairebears said...

Wow! I love how you have used the string to make a frame and your colouring is amazing! And I love the backing papers and well - I love it all!

Thak you for entering Teddy Bo's challenge and good luck.

Love Clairebears x

Dorcas said...

Oh don't you LOOOve kids? lol I remember my daughter telling me that maybe I should try some of those dieting pills on TV to flatten my stomach. (she was only 3 but man she gave me a complex!)
I love this card, the image is so adorable and you've made a beautiful card with it. :-)

Turtle In The Sand said...

Bahahahah I forgot about Cruella Deville! That was so funny. He still hasn't grown out of that goof ball stage. Now he is just more handsome and you are right, one heck of a baseball player too. P.S. He gives the best hugs too.

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh, this is one of my new faves!!!! This is AWESOME!

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card - love all the attention to detail.

Edna x

Jodi said...

Jeni this is a really adorable card and image!! Hope he had a great birthday!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Meesh said...

Hi Jeni! WOW! Your card is STUNNING! Love everything about it :)
Hugs, Meesh. xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Stunning - love the string frame - thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo,
Hugs,
Debbie xx