Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Special Birthday Wish

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #106 - Make it Green

Happy Tuesday! Time for this weeks Sassy Cheryl's Challenge. Our ever so talented DT Coordinator Peggy is the hostess this week and I think she is feeling a little Irish. She wants to see some green on our creations.

I made this card for my dear friend Linda's Mom, Hilda. She just turned 85!!! They took her out to a YUMMY local Mexican restaurant (one of my favs) and had a fiesta! She got TWO cakes and even got to wear a sombrero! I think the whole restaurant was singing her Happy Birthday. She was so cute! You can catch a glimpse of her HERE on Linda's blog. 


I used Tiny Tabitha for my card. Isn't she a sweetie. I have always loved her, but I haven't colored her with black hair before. I kinda like it, although she would be cute no matter what color her hair was. You can get her HERE in the $2 bin!!!!! Too cute to pass up.


I hope you all will come and join us in this weeks challenge. I know we all have something green!!
Looking forward to seeing your crafty creations. 


Image: Sassy Cheryl's - Tiny Tabitha
Sentiment: Sentiments 4 You
Paper: K&Co - Sweet Nectar pad, ATD  pad, American Crafts - white textured card stock, 
Bazzill Basics - green textured card stock
Accessories: Spellbinders - Standard circles & Lacy circles, Martha Stewart - Eyelet lace scallop punch, Dress it Up - Candle button, Sweet Petites - green micro check ribbon



17 comments:

Gemma said...

Just love het with the black hair, she looks just like my girls, great card! Hugs Gemma

heidy said...

Oh what a cutie Jeni,great lo and love how you addid the bow!
Hugs Heidy

Tammy said...

Adorable Jeni, love the background you created and your coloring is perfect!

Sassy Cheryl said...

What an adorable card. . . .and Happy Birthday to Hilda. I bet everyone had a fabulous time celebrating.
It's beautiful and I ADORE that green ribbon with the button. Too stink in cute.

Pat said...

Hey Jeni! How have I missed this little image? Me thinks me needs to do some more shopping!! hehe! Love your card, sweet pea! Your coloring is gorgeous...and I love your papers and design!! Oh...and Hilda's party sounds like it was a hoot! Now I'm hungry for Mexican food! Hugs!! Pat Frank

Dorcas said...

She IS cute, Jenn! And you did a terrific job with her, such a cute card!

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww adorable image, fabulous colouring as always,lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

JACKIE M said...

Aw Tabitha is gorgeous with black hair and wearing all that green :)beautiful card !

Cheryl said...

Oh super cute! Your coloring is gorgeous!

Linda said...

OH Hun, this is absolutely gorgeous!! As always very beautiful work.. hugs, Linda

jkreucher said...

I agree Jeni! she would look precious with any color hair! this is just adorable! I bet your friend got a kick out of this treasure!
hugs to ya
Judy

Cathy said...

Great card Jeni, love the colors, green and pink are two of my favorites together. perfect embellishments and gotta love that bow.

Dawn said...

how fun for Hilda!! beautiful card, Jeni!! love the pink and green!!!

CraftyC said...

Very cute card and the colours are so pretty!
Clairex

lis-m said...

Morning Jeni... isn't she cute. I just love Sassy Cheryl's...Hugs xx

Stressed Stamper said...

Aaaah thanks for showing me that image - think I may go shopping this weekend - love it- would make a good xmas card too...
Hope you have a good weekend hun
Hugs
Sarah x

Karen said...

Another truly beautiful creation hun - she's a cutie pie for sure!xx