Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hot Fun in the Summertime!

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #159 - Favorite Color Combo

Happy Tuesday Blogland friends!! 
It's time for another crafty challenge at Sassy Cheryl's. Our Sassy Sistah Cathy, over at Ink It Up and Stamp it Out with Cathy Edgar is our hostess with the mostest. She want's us to use our favorite color combo!!
I have so many favorite color combinations and I really think it depends on my mood. When I was looking through my stash of papers blue and green were jumping out at me. I wonder what mood that means I was in? Does anyone know? If you do, I would love for you to tell me. Lol
So, I had colors in mind and moved on to my image. This image of Sally called Lazy Afternoon was just begging me to pick her. So I obliged. The papers just seemed to fall into place after that. 

I hope this card brings you all a little bit of Summer on this extended Winter of cold. 
Stupid Groundhog!! (is he ever right???)

Please come join in the fun this week and check out what the other Sassy Gals have created. 
We love seeing all your wonderful creations. 
Happy Crafting Y'all!!


Paper: Webster's Pages - Life's A Beach, October Afternoon - On the Shore,
 Bazzill Basics - Typhoon & Whirlpol
Accessories: Spellbinders - Standard Circles & Octagon, Emagination - Splash Punch, Fiskars - Wave punch, EK Success - 1 1/2" circle punch

10 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Perfect paper choices and I love your "splashes" with this sweetly coloured image. A lovely card although I would be hard pressed to go swimming in the weather we are having!!! Hugs, Lesley

Oak Pond SC said...

Great card and yes, Stupid Groundhog. ;) I love your little sparkly sunglasses and your color combo is just perfect. I have to get over to Cheryl's and pick out an image. With so many great illustrations I just can't decide. *bangs head on table in frustration* Have a great week Jeni. Hugs. -Kim

Dawn said...

hehe.. oh, how cute is this! and what perfect dp too!! love the color combo too

Cynthia said...

Sweet Summertime creation, Jeni! Lovely color combo and the glittery sunglasses are perfect.

Danni said...

So fun and cute!!love the water splashes!

Vicky said...

Beautiful as always hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

heidy said...

Fabolous card Jeni!!
XXX Heidy

Pat said...

Hey Jeni!! I love, love, LOVE green and blue together!! And your card is absolute preciousness!! Gorgeous coloring...fun papers...and those sunglasses are the perfect embellishment!! Love it. Hugs. Pat

p.s. Poor groundhog...he really goofed this year!! But I sort of liked the late snowfall! NOW I'm ready for Spring!! hehe!

Sassy Cheryl said...

I hope your card brings warmer weather too! And I agree. . .stupid groundhog! LOL
It's a stunner and I ADORE the sentiment. Love it.

Cathy said...

Jeni, I love blue and green too, that is my second favorite :) You are too young to be a hippie kid and remember that color combo from the 60's so it must just be your good taste :) Love your card as always beautifully done.