Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If a Kiss Was a Raindrop

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #112 - April Showers

Good Morning Blog Land! Tuesday has rolled around again so that must means it's time for another Sassy Cheryl's challenge. I am lucky enough to host this week and I chose the theme April Showers. We haven't had that many showers here on the coast. I sure wish we would...this pollen is KILLING ME!! 
I chose Little Land Swimmers for my card this week. Don't you just love this little cutie and her little ducky friend splashing around in the rain? I remember doing that when I was a kid. I also remember doing a lot of other things like popping tar bubbles on the street, catching bumble bees in Coke bottles, playing Kick the Can until it was dark, playing Hop Scotch on the side walk & riding my bicycle with no hands...man, those were the days!!! All those things AND April Sowers means one thing...Summer is coming - WOO HOO!!!

So, get out your umbrellas and goulashes and come play along this week in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge.
The image I used today is in Cheryl's shop in the $2.00 bin!!! She also has a new cutie patootie 
called Sam's Rainy Day that would be such a great addition to your Sassy Cheryl images.



Happy Crafting Y'all!!!


Sentiment: Create With TLC
Paper: Echo Park - Umbrellas, Bazzill Basic - Whirlpool
Accessories: Spellbinders - Classic Squares, Emagination - splat punch, MS - Umbrella punch, 
Crystal lacquer

21 comments:

Jopie said...

Whow what a beautiful image and lovely colours so cute with the umbrella, I love it.
Hugs Jopie

Sue said...

Hi hun
a gorgeous card, great image & colouring, lovely embelies luv the brolly, very apt for this weather, sue,x

Sassy Cheryl said...

I hear ya on the pollen girl! Rough!
I ADORE that sweet sentiment, Jeni. It's PErFECt for your beautiful card. Love it!

Tammy said...

Terrific card Jeni! Love you perfect coloring and the water splats make a fun embellishment.

Dawn said...

thanks for the fun challenge, Jeni!! your card is too cute...love the 'splash' embellishments!

Joey said...

Jeni this is fabulous, love the paper and your gorgeous colourwork. Joey x

heidy said...

What a wonderful card Jeni!
XXX Heidy

jkreucher said...

Oh Jeni! this is total cuteness! Love your clean, subtle coloring on this! it feels light and airy..
does that sound funny... you know what I mean though..
I totaly forgot about this image when deciding what to use for your great challenge...
always one of my faves!
love every lovely detail my friend!
hugs to ya
Judy

Lelia Pierce said...

Such a cute card and the little water splats are perfect!

XXX

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card, maybe yu could have some of our showers, they haven't stopped all April.....

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Jeni....love the gorgeous image and fabulous layout too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card Jeni I love the background paper with the umbrella designs.

Oak Pond SC said...

So nice Jeni. I love the punch tab with your sentiment. Excellent paper choices and as always your coloring is amazing. Have a great week <3

Cathy said...

Jeni, great challenge GF. love this image :) so fun to use and your colored it beautifully and I love your embellishements and colors.

nwilliams6 said...

This image is so totally fun! I know the image is great, but your showcasing of it with wonderful coloring, super framing, fun embellishments, and awesome papers really makes it shine. Well done!

Pat said...

Hi Jeni...hmmmm...great minds think alike!! I love this image...and your coloring is stunning!! Those DPs are perfection...this card just tickles me! Awesome challenge, sugah! Sorry that the pollen is giving you fits...allergies, uggghh! Feel better! Hugs. Pat Frank

Ann English said...

Jeni, this is so stinkin' cute! I love the bright colors, your coloring rocks and the embellishments are wonderful!

Cheryl said...

So adorable! I love your design and your fabulous coloring,.

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - love those splashes hun - did you make them?...if so how please..
Have a fabby weekend
Sarah xx

Anonymous said...

Jeni, I love the colors in this!!! Beautiful card.

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable Jeni! I remember breaking the bubbles in the tar as well!! Also, walking across it to my friends house BAREFOOT!! LOL! Yep, lazy summer days were great back then.