Tuesday, June 07, 2011

King of the Castle



(yay... blogger is not fighting me today)


This week at Sassy Cheryl's we are celebrating Father's Day!!!

Sassy & creative Kim has set the challenge this week.


I used "Country Birdhouse Duo" for my card this week. I just adore Cheryl's birdhouses and the versatility of her images is awesome! I added a little King of the Castle sentiment and colored a crown on that cute little blue bird's head to turn this Birdhouse digi into a perfect Father's Day combo! Hope you all will join us in this weeks challenge!




Cheryl has a couple brand spankin' new "Dad" images in the shop that are perfect for the challenge. I just went over and purchased "Father's Day Snooze". When I came home the other day this is exactly where I found my hubby!! (Lol) HAD TO HAVE IT!!



How adorable is this guy!?!



Image: Sassy Cheryl's-Country Birdhouse Duo Paper: Cosmo Cricket-Mr. Campy, Scenic Route-Fawn, Bazzill Basics-Bitter Chocolate Accessories: twine and an acorn top from the yard




15 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Jeni, I absolutely love your card.. Its so adorable..And that other new image is just to cute. I think I feel a shopping spree comin on!! LOL!!Very lovely work!! As always..
Hugs, Linda

Kim said...

Great card! Love the rich colors you used.
I too had to buy this image!

pltsolomon said...

Love the card Jeni! You have a gift for picking colors, the gold and red look wonderful together!
Love ya, Pam <3

Tammy said...

Such a super cute card Jeni, I love your choice of dp and as usual, your coloring is perfect!

heidy said...

Oh what a cutie Jeni!
Hugs Heidy

Gram's Treasures said...

What a great idea for Father's Day. Love all the bright colours.
Joyce xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

And such a beautiful castle to be King of!

Alice said...

such a cute image and love the colors you used. perfect card for father's day!

Marlene said...

Aack...I've gotta get that dad image! CUTE!

Love the card! Bright colors...cheery, pretty, fun!

Janetlynne said...

so cute I would never think of using that image for Father's day

Heather Huggins said...

Fabulous. I love the fun bright colors..

Sue said...

Hi hun
sorry i havent been here for few days, totally gorgeous card, awesome colour work as always,lovely papers & design, luv the guy in the hammock he is fab, hope to get back on track next week, sue,x

Sassy Cheryl said...

Wow. . .I could've SWORN I had already commented. Oh poo!
Well, it's a gorgeous card, but that's always a given with you girl! You do such amazing work!
Oh, and the story about hubby! FUNNY! We don't have a hammock, but when I come home, hubby is usually on the sofa. :)
Love it girl!

jkreucher said...

What a great card! King of the Castle... love it.. perfect for Father's Day!
I just had to have the hammock image too.. what a hoot!
hugs
Judy

Brenda said...

Jen, fabulous card. I love these colors~they are so awesome together!!
hug~Bren