Sunday, November 04, 2012

My Starbucks Addiction Finally Pays Off...

Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday #98

This is a little Halloween album I made out of coffee cup insulators. As most of you know, I am a
 Starbucks-a-holic. I have a whole hat box full of these coffee cup insulators that i use for gift card holders every now and then. It was my turn to lead our "Inky Digits" group and I wanted to find a way to use some of them for class. I decided to make an album and since it was Halloween...what better theme right? 

This is the front. I used my "Fancy Tag" Spellbinder and give it a hinged look.

I used the whole front part of an insulator and one flap to create a little inside tab/spacer.

I also used a whole insulator and hot glued the bottom to make a pocket and made a photo tab insert.

 And here, another tab/spacer. Don't you just love my google eyed monster!!

This time I used the tab on the outside edge for a journal entry later.



 Another whole insulator for a pocket. 

This last thing I want to show you is sooooo cool! 
I work at a car dealership as a Service Adviser and the technicians have these magnetic bowl thingies on their tool boxes. It keeps their screws and bolts from running away. I decided that I HAD to have one of these for my craft table. You can turn if upside down and shake it and nothing falls out!!! 

7 comments:

Danni said...

What an amazing project! So creative!! Love it!

heidy said...

This is a stunning project Jeni,love it!!
XXX Heidy

Tammy said...

Great crafty project for your group! Love the magnetic bowl!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Loved making your Starbucks Album. You are so creative. Hey that magnetic bowl is awesome. I wish they made one for paper. I am forever loosing some small paper on my scrap table.

Shirley said...

Jeni, this is simple an amazing project, and what a great use for the insulators. Got to check out that metal bowl, I can see I need one, and that my DH definitely needs one. He is forevermore taking something apart and losing the screws.

Sassy Cheryl said...

You? A Starbucks-a-holic? Why am I just now hearing about this? LMBO! Glad you are. . . .because this project is GORGEOUS and super creative. LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing along this week in the SMT fun, Jeni.

Janetlynne said...

Love your album...I have so many of those things!! A friend of mine works next to a Starbucks so she saves them and right before I moved to Florida she gave me a Walmart bag of them!!!!Now I know what I can do with them!!